fountain of youth.

fountain of youth.

much has already been said about the supermodel comeback in ads and in editorials, and no model is having as much of a moment as linda evangelista. so far, she’s turned up on vogue italia, is rumoured to be on its september cover and the september cover of vanity fair, and in one of the most coveted campaigns of the season, prada. i think she looks fantastic…her styling/hair/makeup plays nicely against the femininity of the clothing, but many others think she’s airbrushed within an inch of her life (who isn’t nowadays?) and that she is “too old” to be the prada woman.

clearly miuccia had this in mind when casting the ads, so one has to wonder if another model could have done better. i don’t think this is the best use of linda, but based on the concept, i don’t think the ads would have turned out much better if anyone else was in them. so what are your thoughts…are you loving linda?

scans from vmagazinedigital.com and jssy4eva at thefashionspot

Comments (7)

1. Alexzandra 9 years ago

One, I love the bag (I think it’s the slight ruffle).

Two, I love Linda.

Three, I don’t like the add, it really does seem to be lacking. I feel like they tried to wish her into a doe-eyed gamine, rather than playing to her strengths. It was a good idea, with really poor execution.

2. Nancy 9 years ago

I really like the ads. It’s Linda and we expected something wild but this is the look Meisel has been asking from her for both Prada and Vogue Italia. Subtle, elegant, refined, dignified and obviously older. For what it is, I think it’s quite beautiful.

And Linda is still one of the greatest models in the business. They just aren’t allowing her to strut her stuff lately.

3. Spike 9 years ago

It’s exactly like you said Kim, it’s the concept that’s off, not Linda.

I’m not her biggest fan by any stretch of the imagination, but it’s not her that’s bringing these ads down. I wish the kink that came through on the runway was continued into the ads, they just seem like an attempt to sell products, even with the individual shadow thing going on in the backdrop.

4. girl6_nyc 9 years ago

When I first saw the ad I was crazy excited because 1 of my all time favorite models was back! I think she looks great… a few of the “newer” models could learn a thing or two from her.. *hinthint Aygness*

5. ryder 9 years ago

i loved that they chose linda-a real women to represent them this year. she should opened their show too.

6. Anonymous 9 years ago

UM , AIRBRUSHED? JUST LOOK AT DARIA ON PARIS VOGUE COVER ,WHO IS THAT?
    THEY TOOK OFF THE BOTTOM OF HER FACE.NOT TO MENTION KATE ON THE COVER OF THIS MONTHS VOGUE , THATS
    WHAT SHE REALLY LOOKS LIKE WITHOUT ALL THAT AIRBRUSHING. I COULD GO ON AND ON LOOK AT ALL YOUR BEAUTY ADS, COVERS , WHY ARE YOU JUST PICKING ON LINDA.

7. ed 9 years ago

一夜情聊天室,一夜情,情色聊天室,情色,美女交友,交友,AIO交友愛情館,AIO,成人交友,愛情公寓,做愛影片,做愛,性愛,微風成人區,微風成人,嘟嘟成人網,成人影片,成人,成人貼圖,18成人,成人圖片區,成人圖片,成人影城,成人小說,成人文章,成人網站,成人論壇,情色貼圖,色情貼圖,色情A片,A片,色情小說,情色小說,情色文學,寄情築園小遊戲, 情色A片,色情影片,AV女優,AV,A漫,免費A片,A片下載

情色,A片,AIO,AV,日本AV,色情A片,AV女優,A漫,免費A片,A片下載,情色A片,哈啦聊天室,UT聊天室,聊天室,豆豆聊天室,色情聊天室,尋夢園聊天室,080視訊聊天室,080聊天室,080苗栗人聊天室,免費視訊聊天,上班族聊天室,080中部人聊天室,視訊聊天室,視訊聊天,成人聊天室,一夜情聊天室,辣妹視訊,情色視訊,成人,成人影片,成人光碟,成人影城,自拍

A片,AIO,AV,日本AV,色情A片,AV女優,A漫,AIO交友愛情館,線上A片,免費A片,A片下載,情色A片,微風成人,嘟嘟成人網,成人,成人影片,成人光碟,成人影城,成人交友,愛情公寓,色情聊天室,情色貼圖,色情,色情影片,做愛,情色,哈啦聊天室,聊天室,UT聊天室,豆豆聊天室,尋夢園聊天室,080視訊聊天室,080聊天室,080苗栗人聊天室,自拍,性愛

情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣,情趣,A片,A片,情色,A片,A片,情色,情趣用品,情趣用品,A片,A片,情色,情色

情色視訊,美女視訊,辣妹視訊,視訊聊天室,視訊交友網,免費視訊聊天,視訊交友90739,視訊,免費視訊,情人視訊網,視訊辣妹,影音視訊聊天室,視訊交友,視訊聊天,免費視訊聊天室,成人視訊,UT聊天室,聊天室,豆豆聊天室,色情聊天室,尋夢園聊天室,聊天室尋夢園,080聊天室,080苗栗人聊天室,上班族聊天室,小高聊天室